Nitric oxide is produced by nearly every type of cell in the human body and one of the most important molecules for blood vessel health. It’s a vasodilator, meaning it relaxes the inner muscles of your blood vessels, causing the vessels to widen. In this way, nitric oxide increases blood flow and lowers blood pressure.
Supplements that increase nitric oxide in the body make up one of the most popular pre-workout supplement categories today. These supplements don’t contain nitric oxide itself. However, they contain compounds that your body can use to make nitric oxide and have been shown to provide many benefits for health and performance.
Recommended Nitric Oxide boosters:
- ALLMAX, Arginine HCl, 400 g (80 srv)
- Universal, Animal Pump, 30 Packs
- BSN, N.O.-Xplode, Pre-Workout Igniter, 2.45 lbs (1.11 kg)
- BSN, N.O.-Xplode, Pre-Workout Igniter, Non-Caffeinated, 1.2 lb (546 g)
- 1UP, All in 1, Pre-Workout, 500 g
- BPI Sports, Best BCAA, 600 g (60 srv)
- BPI Sports, Best BCAA, 300 g (30 srv)
- Weider, NOS-X10, 908 g
- BPI Sports, Best BCAA Shredded, 25 srv